- SKU : 906
- Cartridge : .45-70 Government +P
- Bullet Brand : Lehigh Defense™
- Bullet Weight (gr) : 225
- Bullet Construction : Solid Monolithic
- Bullet Model : Xtreme Hunter
- Bullet Material : Copper
- Case Type : Nickel Plated Brass
- Supressor Safe : Yes
- Ballistic Coefficient (G1) : 0.170
- Muzzle Energy (ft. lbs) : 3,738
- Muzzle Velocity (fps) : 2,735
- Sectional Density : 0.150
The optimum hunting round has arrived. The Xtreme Hunter (XH) was born from the incredibly popular Xtreme Defender product line. Like the XD, the Xtreme Hunter (XH) ammunition has an optimized nose flute. The difference is that weight and attained velocity have been optimized to achieve maximum penetration depth with a permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is just simply enormous. No expanding hollow point comes close to achieving anywhere near the diameter and volume of wound channel achieved by the Xtreme Hunter. Not only is the PWC over 100% larger than any other expanding bullet, terminal performance is achieved despite being shot through barriers. The solid copper body ensures that thick hide, bone, and any other barrier will have minimal effect on the Permanent Wound Channel.
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .45-70 Government +P.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.458.
- This bullet weighs 225 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 2735 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 3738 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.153233429677433. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of 0.174 - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
This ammunition should not be used in antique firearms. It is manufactured for use in modern firearms in good condition only, this ammunition could damage older and weaker firearms such as Trapdoor Springfields. This ammunition is recommended for use in Marlin 1895 manufactured after 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 replicas, New England Arms Handi-Rifle, Ruger #1, #3, T/C Encore, Shiloh, Christian, and Pedersoli Sharps, New Production Winchester 1886, Henry, H&R, and Siamese Mausers chambered in .45-70. If you have any doubts of whether or not your rifle is suitable for this ammunition please have a gunsmith inspect it, or you are more than welcome to call and inquire with us.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision is not compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
All Ammunition Sales are Final. There are no exceptions.
For safety reasons, we will not accept ammunition returns. You must be 21 years or older to order handgun ammunition or 18 years of age or older to order rifle ammunition. Ammunition must ship UPS or FedEx ground. Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, Ammunition may not be returned. It is your responsibility, as a customer, to know what cartridge your firearm uses. If you need help choosing the correct ammunition our technicians would be more than happy to assist you before you place your order. Please check local laws before ordering. By ordering this Ammunition, you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal and regulatory requirements to purchase this Ammunition.
We, at Underwood Ammo, stand by our product 100% to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. In the rare event, you receive a product that has been damaged, in shipping, or defective merchandise, the merchandise shall be returned to us and will be subject to manufacturer approval. In the case of defective merchandise, it is your responsibility to contact Underwood Ammo to arrange for the return of the merchandise. We will, at our discretion, repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of any defective part or product covered by our warranty when it is returned by the original consumer, with proof of purchase and an assigned Return Authorization number from the factory.