- SKU : 426
- Cartridge : .223 Remington
- Bullet Brand : Nosler®
- Bullet Weight (gr) : 60
- Bullet Construction : Ballistic Tip Boat Tail
- Bullet Model : Ballistic Tip® Varmint
- Bullet Material : Copper, Lead
- Case Type : Nickel Plated Brass
- Supressor Safe : Yes
- Ballistic Coefficient (G1) : 0.270
- Muzzle Energy (ft. lbs) : 1,364
- Muzzle Velocity (fps) : 3,200
- Sectional Density : 0.170
Varmints and predators beware! Nosler's ballistic Tip Varmint Bullets are designed for violent expansion upon impact. The bullet is tipped with a poly-carbonate tip which rapidly drives back forcing the thin jacket to expand and fragment. The heavy base prevents deformation during firing and the boat-tail design increases the ballistic efficiency of the bullet.
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .223 Remington.
- The bullet is made from Copper, Lead.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.224.
- This bullet weighs 60 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 3200 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 1364 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.170827259475219. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of 0.27 - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision is not compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
All Ammunition Sales are Final. There are no exceptions.
For safety reasons, we will not accept ammunition returns. You must be 21 years or older to order handgun ammunition or 18 years of age or older to order rifle ammunition. Ammunition must ship UPS or FedEx ground. Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, Ammunition may not be returned. It is your responsibility, as a customer, to know what cartridge your firearm uses. If you need help choosing the correct ammunition our technicians would be more than happy to assist you before you place your order. Please check local laws before ordering. By ordering this Ammunition, you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal and regulatory requirements to purchase this Ammunition.
We, at Underwood Ammo, stand by our product 100% to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. In the rare event, you receive a product that has been damaged, in shipping, or defective merchandise, the merchandise shall be returned to us and will be subject to manufacturer approval. In the case of defective merchandise, it is your responsibility to contact Underwood Ammo to arrange for the return of the merchandise. We will, at our discretion, repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of any defective part or product covered by our warranty when it is returned by the original consumer, with proof of purchase and an assigned Return Authorization number from the factory.